Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A quick update

I've been terrible about posting lately because I've been so busy. The Healthy Schools project is in full swing - I finished a 5 week tooth brushing campaign and organized a successful community clean-up in honor of Earth Day. I've been working on self-esteem with the kiddies and life planning with the teenagers, I'm meeting with my Student Health Promoters three times a month, training the teachers on environment, hygiene and nutrition, and I've been planning ALMA - a leadership camp for teenage girls. On top of all that, I'm studying for the GRE and looking forward to my Close of Service Conference next week. In between it all, I'm trying to eat, workout and sleep when I can. Hence, no blogging in a while. But I'm still alive, things are great, and the rainy season is over. The next time I post I will probably have some big news, so stay tuned. :)

Here are some pictures of the Community Clean Up on Earth Day, my Tooth Brushing Campaign, and my Student Health Promoters.








***
Book Reading: Same one, no time.
New culinary frontiers broken: Host mom served pigeon for lunch.
Months left in Tumpa: 3.
New favorite blog: HyperboleandaHalf.blogspot.com. Delightful.

2 comments:

oneworld said...

Hola Sophie!

Sorry to contact you this way, but we are RPCVs from Jamaica and are heading your way. Hear Ancash is really beautiful. We have been traveling in Latin America for a long time and often partnering with PCVs on projects and such, in Peru we met many volunteers in Colca Canyon already. We are heading your way and were wondering if we could possibly meet up? We are taking an overnight bust tomorrow night, so getting in to Huraz early morning the 19th. Not sure how long we’ll be in the area exactly. Where are you in relation to Huraz? Could you possibly host us or do you live with a host family? Any projects you are working on we could help with? We started a nonprofit after Peace Corps to work on small PC type projects and have a little bit of funding as well.

We would love to hear back from you either way. We will check email tomorrow (donnycomer@gmail.com) or you can call us at (72) 972.937240. If it is possible to come to your site, it would be great if you could text or email us the directions to get there by bus.

Look forward to meeting you!

Donny and Brooke

Stephen Peter said...

WOW AFTER MANY YEARS OF PAIN LIVING WITH HIV AIDS. MY NAME IS STEPHEN PETER LIVE IN UNITED KINGDOM. IT ALL HAPPEN FEW YEARS BACK WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT MY SYSTEM IS NO LONGER FUNCTIONING WELL, SO I DECIDED TO GO FOR MEDICAL CHECKUP ALL TO DISCOVERED THAT I HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH HIV AIDS AND I NEVER NOTICE IT FOR A VERY LONG TIME. AT THIS PARTICULAR POINT OF TIME I WANTED TO GIVE UP MY LIFE, BUT WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE INTERNET TO READ MORE ABOUT HIV, I FOUND OUT THAT THIS VIRUS IS DISGUSTING BOTH INTERNAL . GOD SO HAVE IT THAT I HARD ABOUT THIS SIMPLE WONDERFUL AND GOD SENT HERBAL DR CALLED DR AKHIGBE THE SAME DAY I WANTED TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING BECAUSE I FEEL LIFE WAS NO LONGE WOW AFTER MANY YEARS OF PAIN LIVING WITH HIV AIDS. MY NAME IS STEPHEN PETER LIVE IN UNITED KINGDOM. IT ALL HAPPEN FEW YEARS BACK WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT MY SYSTEM IS NO LONGER FUNCTIONING WELL, SO I DECIDED TO GO FOR MEDICAL CHECKUP ALL TO DISCOVERED T R IMPORTANT TO ME, MANY THINGS HAPPENED BUT TO CUT THE STORY SHORT, I AM HIV NEGATIVE NOW, AND EVER SENSE I WAS CURED THERE IS NO OUTBREAK EVERYTHING HAS GONE BACK TO NORMAL AND I BELIEVE AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON EARTH TODAY. DR AKHIGBE NEVER ASK ME TO TESTIFY FOR HIM, I DECIDED TO DO THIS MY WAY SO THAT AS MANY THAT WILL BELIEVE AND CONTACT HIM WILL BE FREE FROM THIS DEADLY VIRUS. THIS VIRUS IS SPREADING EVERYDAY SO LET PUT OUR HANDS TOGETHER TO SAVE LIFE. BUT I KNOW MANY ARE YET TO DISCOVERED THAT THEY ARE LIVING WITH THIS VIRUS. I BELIEVE THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL VIRUS, YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT FOR MANY YEARS AND YOU WILL NEVER NOTICE IT. WELL AM SO HAPPY TODAY ESPECIALLY WHEN MY LOST LOVE IS BACK AND WE ARE GETTING MARRIED SOON. SO MY DEAR LADIES AND GENTLEMEN LET PUT OUR HANDS TOGETHER TO SAVE AS MANY WE CAN BY SHARING THIS TESTIMONY SO THAT THOSE THAT DONT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CURE THEIR DISEASE WILL BE CURED AND BE HAPPY FOREVER, SO YOU CAN CONTACT HIM THROUGH HIS EMAIL ADDRESS, WHATSAPP NUMBER AND WEBSITE AS FOLLOWED. drrealakhigbe@gmail.com +2348142454860. https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

HE CAN ALSO CURE THE FOLLOWING AND AM A LIVING TESTIMONY TO IT.
DIABETES
HIV
HERPES
CANCER
LOW SPAMS

CONTACT HIM TODAY AND YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME AGAIN, AM PROUD OF YOU DR AKHIGBE. WHO WILL EVE BELIEVE THAT I WILL BE THIS HAPPY TODAY,