Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in the Andes

I'll let my pictures tell the story this time...

Posing in front of the Health Center's Christmas tree, the only one in town!

Christmas dinner - noodle soup, guinea pig and potatoes.

Host mom and me standing outside our house.
I guess I've got a hand-on-the-hip thing going this holiday season.

Juan Carlos, my host brother, catching dinner

Dinner!
I survived the holiday in my site.
These ducks were not so lucky.

Family and neighbors toasting Christmas.

Maria, my host sister, loving her Little Mermaid light-up pen that my mother sent.

My windowsill full of holiday cards and Christmas decorations.

This is my kitchen window. This is where I get my calls.

And it certainly is a room with view.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Matthew J. Rosen said...

you look very acustumbradod, it was nice to hear from you, keep up with the pictures!

Ellen O'Donnell Rankin said...

Sophie, I wanted to wish you and Franceen a happy birthday!!!! Hope you all are having a fantastic time. We love reading your blog and looking at your pictures. I hear your Spanish is great too! We love you.

Ellen, Ric, Haley and Mary